The funds that comprise the permanent exhibition of Museum of Computing are distributed along the architectural complex of the 1E building of the Universitat Politècnica de València. In this exhibition you will be able to see the different devices from the last three decades of the 20th Century. Here we mention some of them:
- Computers and peripherals used in large facilities of the 70s and 80s, like a keypunch, ferrite core memory, a remote terminal unit, line printers, magnetic tape units of 250kg or magnetic discs up to more than 30kg.
- A PDP-11 minicomputer built in 1983, which was one of the first computers to execute UNIX operating system, and some high performance workstations.
- The first home computers like the well-known Sinclair ZX Spectrum, the Commodore 64, the Amstrad CPC-464, the Atari 800XL or the Apple IIe.
- The first IBM PC which was designed in 1981 and some of its successors as well as the first computers with graphical interfaces like Macintosh Classic.
- Different sized laptops, some of them up to more than 12kg.
- Peripheral devices like discs and magnetic tapes of different sizes and designs, microprocessors, computer memories, etc.
- Also, the video games our parents used to play with.